Version 2.1 focuses on extending Trickster’s usefulness through interoperability with OS X and other applications on your Mac to make it better fit your workflow. It also brings voice-over support. Some bug were fixed as well.
- Add Share submenu to the context menu (uses Mountain Lion built-in sharing capabilities, so only works on 10.8 or higher).
- Add copy (Cmd-C) support. Selected files will be copied to the clipboard, like from Finder.
- Adding files to Evernote from the context menu. You can add files either to the default notebook or to a specific one. Requires Evernote for Mac application to be installed on the machine.
- Voice-over accessibility support.
- Preference to only track opened files. In this case, modified and created files won’t appear in Trickster.
- Support Control-P and Control-N for table navigation.
- Automation support
- AppleScript commands to get recent entries, selected entries, add files to Trickster and refresh the sort.
- Added system-wide Service that allows adding selected files from Finder to Trickster as most recent ones. Even allows adding files by invoking the service on text that includes file paths.
- Added a URL scheme (trickster-add-recent://) to add files to Trickster
To learn how to use the automation features and see some examples, read this article on our blog.
Minor changes and fixes:
- Don’t remove flagged files when cleaning items, just as favorite items are not removed.
- Fixed: flagging a file would add it to any filter with flag set, regardless of other filter settings.
- Activate the previous app when Trickster hides main window.
- In Filter manager, when a file is dropped, display if the file won’t pass global tracking settings, even if it passes the filter.
- Adjust window height to fit the screen, if resolution or display changes.