A direct release of Trickster version 2.0.2 is available now. A Mac App Store version is not yet released.
The new version brings full support for the Retina displays on the new MacBook Pros. It also adds a number of new usability features and lots of bug fixes.
Not many people have the Retina Macs yet, but we wanted to delight those who have them and also be ready for future updates to the Mac lineup. Trickster looks gorgeous on the Retina. Sorry, only a portion of the screen can fit the space on the blog.
Full release notes are below the screenshot.
- It’s now possible to drop files from Finder or other apps onto the Recent files list to add them to the list.
- It’s also possible to drop dragged files on the menu bar icon to add them to the list. From there you can add to Favorites or use Trickster as a temporary “holding area” before dragging them to other applications.
- Full support for Retina displays
- Return to items list from search with up/down arrows.
- Type to search from every part of the window.
- Remove items from list with Delete/Backspace
- Added Remove commands to the pop-up menu.
- Trash files with Command-delete.
- Add Trash to pop-up menu.
- Accept “.” in manual extensions in filters and index.
- Fixed various crashes
- Fixed watching the root path.
- Fixed drag and drop support with some apps, such as Skype and Illustrator.
- Fixed the creation of excluded files from context menu.
- Fixed different window resizing problems and Favorites bar drawing.
- Fixed support for Bartender app
You can download Trickster from our site or use the built-in update mechanism to update your copy.