We don’t know how it happened but our application Blast is now the featured download on Apple’s download page. It’s great news for us and we hope it will make Blast known to a wider audience. Here’s the historic screenshot:
We’re also preparing Blast 1.4.1 release with a few new features very soon.
If you haven’t check Blast, simply download it now.
We’re glad to release Blast 1.3. This version adds many features that you, our users, have asked for and some more that we thought ourselves :-).
Here’s the change list:
- NEW: Global hotkey (default Control+B) to open and close Blast window
- NEW: Keyboard actions to open/reveal items in recent files list or in sidebar (Enter to open, Space to reveal)
- NEW: Easily add excludes right from recent files list: right-click on a file to get context menu.
- NEW: Option to not track folders. Unselect “Show Folder” in Preferences
- NEW: Preferences button was replaced by a menu button. Quit button removed, it’s in the menu now.
- NEW: Visual help accessible from the new menu. See how to best use Blast.
- Various UI and bug fixes.
Here’s the new help window graphics (reduced):
This is the relevant part of our press release.
Apparent Software announced today that it has acquired Blasted, a productivity booster application from Ted Roden. The application places all recently used files at user’s fingertips, providing fast and easy access to them. This acquisition promises an exciting future for the application, which already has hundreds of enthusiastic users. As part of the acquisition the application is renamed to “Blast” and an important upgrade, version 1.2, is released.
Blast keeps track of all the files the user has been recently using on his Mac. With Blast, all these documents are just one click away. The user can access the file list anytime by clicking on the application icon in the menu bar. Some benefits of using Blast:
- User doesn’t need to worry about where he just saved a certain file – it’s in his menu bar
- User can drag downloaded files directly into any application without opening finder and send email attachments faster
- User doesn’t need to search for a document he was reading yesterday. It is in Blast list, one click away
- As part of the launch, Apparent Software releases a major update to the application
Version 1.2 includes the following new features:
- A preview for all the files in the list allows the user to find his file visually just by looking at its icon
- A favorites sidebar allows user to save his favorite folders and files to be accessed at any time
- Application shows the list of recent files even after it was closed and the computer was rebooted
- Improved user interface with several new features, like showing the path to the file
See more about Blast.