Added lost license form

I’ve added a lost license form, with a link from the support page.

Now, by giving the email address you used to register ImageFramer, you’ll receive your code and a receipt to it.

The receipt might not be correct if you haven’t bought through PayPal store but at Kagi or some other promotion, since then the data is not full.

But the license codes will be correct.

3 new ImageFramer screencasts

I’ve added 3 new screencasts showing various ImageFramer features.

Now there are 4 total screencasts:

Screencast #1 – Introduction to ImageFramer
The original screencast which shows how fast, easy and powerful ImageFramer is

Screencast #2 – Frame effects
Displays various effects that can be applied to frames.

Screencast #3 – Frame types
Displays some of the frames selection available with ImageFramer.

Screencast #4 – Batch processing
Shows how to frame multiple images fast using batch processing

Watch and enjoy.

ImageFramer showcase gallery added

Link to gallery

I have added a new section to the ImageFramer site, called gallery. I currently display 13 different framing designs using the same original image to display the different abilities of ImageFramer. I hope this will clarify ImageFramer features in addition to the available screenshots

You can also see other people’s designs or post your own framed images in the Showcase forum of ImageFramer.

Lighttpd and ruby on rails were making me Google problems

Wow, it took me a really long time to notice, and I feel almost stupid now.

I didn’t pay any attention but Google never brought any traffic to the Apparent Software website. But somehow it didn’t bother me as much, I was busy developing. A few days ago I noticed this and started to look into the source.

Looking at the server log files I noticed that all my responses for pages were HTTP status 404 (page not found). Apparently, Google doesn’t index requests that return code 404 (and it really shoudn’t).

I use Ruby On Rails (RoR) for my Apparent Software website and lighttpd with Fast-CGI to serve it. The easiest way to serve with Fast-CGI and RoR is setting the webapp to be the 404 error handler in lighttpd, using the following line of code:

server.error-handler-404 = "/dispatch.fcgi"

In the specific version of lighttpd web server that I was using (1.4.16) there was this nasty bug that stripped HTTP response header from the app in this case. So today I upgraded to the latest stable 1.4.19 and, voila, the response code is back to normal (200). 

Now, hopefully, Google and its lesser brothers will catch up, crawl the site, index and divert some search traffic into Apparent Software and another site I had with the same issue. I wonder how long it will take. I’ll keep updated. 

Pin It on Pinterest