Socialite 1.3.7 brings OAuth 2 support to Facebook and Reply All to Twitter
MOST IMPORTANT: This release is required for all Facebook users as it supports the newer OAuth2 authentication, while the older one is being deprecated from Oct 1.
NOTE: You’ll be prompted to login into your Facebook accounts again. This will be required to do only once, for the new Socialite authentication information to be stored. Socialite doesn’t store your Facebook email or password anywhere.
Full release notes:
- Facebook authentication converted to OAuth2. Older version of Socialite probably won’t work with Facebook from Oct 1.
- Facebook authentication now improved, in that it now correctly handles authorization of multiple Facebook accounts from within Socialite, without the need to log out of Facebook in Safari, when adding a second account.
- REPLY ALL: In Twitter, the “Reply” function now serves as combined “Reply All”. If other users’ accounts are mentioned in the tweet you reply to, they’ll be added to the reply and selected. You can then press right arrow to deselect the text and reply to all of them or start typing your text if you only wanted to answer to the author of the tweet.
- Fixed some bugs with detection of URLs in tweets and status updates. Including quotes of various types and other common characters.
- Improved the behaviour of the splitter used for quick-input and preview pane.
- Possible workaround of a common crash case
Version 1.3.7 was also submitted today to the Mac App Store but it’s still not available there. Check App Store daily to get the update when Apple approves it.